There was a time when I used to...
- nap on my roof in the summertime
- learn a new song on piano and sing my lungs out at 1:00am
- shoot baskets in my driveway until 9:00 at night, without thinking of the time or the weather
- hang out with my dog and enjoy his company
- practice tricks on my BMX for hours... getting up, falling down, and injuring myself past reason
- write passionately about making a difference, whether it was an article, or a rap song.
- rap out loud everywhere I went, no matter who stared at me. It was dope.
- lie on my bed, stare at the ceiling, and just get lost in thought with my favourite bands in the background.
- disappear into the pages of a fiction novel and experience adventures across time and the world.
- kick a hackey sack around for hours anywhere, whether it was at an airport or a shopping mall.
- speak frequently at Toastmasters and give my time to helping others improve their speaking skills
- pick a random pasta dish that I wanted to try cooking, and cook it.
- explore construction sites at night without thinking of the consequences.
- spin a random person around in dance class and feel not just the music but the connection of a fellow human being.
More often than not, the most fulfilling things in the world don't cost a thing.
What will you pick up today that you haven't done in a while?
Let me know!
Ps. We should start a '5-Year-Old Club' where you can join at any age, but you HAVE to act like a 5-year old.
A blog on my continuing journey through life, covering self-development and success strategies, but also personal reflection.