Last year, I did a list of 22 things I did for the first time.
Since I'm turning 23 next Thursday, on November 15th, here is this year's list of 23 things I've done for the first time!
1. Made my own sushi at Johanna's place (w Redline managers) - April 27th, 2012
2. Won Division B International Speech Competition - First Place - April 26th, 2012
- got disqualified at the next level (District 21) for being 5 seconds overtime, BUT first time at District 21 as a COMPETITOR though!
3. Went to a Stand-Up Comedy Club (Yuk Yuk's) for the first time - April 27th, 2012
- which, cool enough, is owned by a finance professor I had. Went with Grace and Teresa
4. Went to Steveston Quay - April 27th, 2012, with Redline managers
5. Told a girl I loved her without knowing for sure if she loved me back - April 25th, 2012
- AWW =P
6. BMO 1/2 Marathon - beat Personal Best - 2:18:50 - May 6th, 2012
7. Jetskiied in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico with Warut and Desi - nov 21, 2011
8. Off road jeeping in mexico with Blake, David, Nicole, Peter, Liz, Mahsa - nov 22, 2011
9. Cooked lamb for the first time - nov 29th , 2011
10. Partied on a rooftop club - nov 24th, 2011
11. Made Panna Cotta with Teresa - Dec 3rd, 2011
12. Made a 3D wooden model of a piano/guitar with Teresa - Dec 3rd, 2011
13. Launched QTutor.ca - Dec 13, 2011
14. Tried absinthe - Dec 26th, 2011 - with Evan Birch
15. Open Mic night - dec 19th, 2011 - with Keith and David
16. Played squash for the first time - Dec 30th, 2011 w/ John Kerr
17. Was Narrator for Mafia - January 1st, 2012 - w/ Andrew, Jenica, Beatrix, Kevin Yuen, Lucy&Helen, James and Dennis, David Ma
18. Played Bananagrams! - December 31st, 2011 - at Andrew's party
19. Had a mudfight, swam rapids, jumped off a 10 foot cliff into water, and went white water rafting in Mukwah, Alberta - July 29th, 2012, with Calgary and Edmonton orgs
20. Hit Presidents Club in sales for the first time in my career - July 28th, 2012 - w/ 649 units.
21. Became the world's youngest DTM (Distinguished Toastmaster) - Sept 23, 2012
- 5 years work finally accumulated to a milestone =D
22. Did the Super Spartan 15km Race for the first time) - Sept 22, 2012
- included running through FIRE, army-crawling through MUD and under BARBED WIRE, and failing at throwing a javelin.
23. Was featured in the Ubyssey - Oct 11th, 2012.
- w00t w00t. publicity haha.
BONUS EXTRA COOL STUFF
24. Went to Whistler for the first time! - Nov. 2-4th, 2012
25. Launched GroundWorks - October 12th, 2012, with Jeff and James Pena.
- my dream personal development company, where I get to improve myself in speaking, coaching, sales, strategizing, consulting, and networking. WOW.
- with Sage Narayan and James Tung as newly on-boarded!
26. Played Twister for the first time at WGTM Halloween Bash - October 26th, 2012.
27. Graduated from University =D - November, 2012
- no big deal haha
There are SO many more things I could have added in, but honestly, I've forgotten to over the year.
Why procrastinate when you can LIVE life and be awesome?
Action Step: Pick one thing you've always wanted to do.
Do it before the end of the year! Post below with what you did!
Written by Jay Kiew, GroundWorks strategist
A blog on my continuing journey through life, covering self-development and success strategies, but also personal reflection.